Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Summer Fun: Digital I Spy


Well, raindrops inturrupted what was a glorious day of outside play, so after the kids were tired of crafts, we tried something new: Digital I Spy.


Jack has been taking pictures with our old digital camera and putting the SD card into his Wii to play slideshows. This gave me an idea for a game. I gathered up a few flash cards, busied the girls with something else and took him around the house, placing each card on an item that had an interesting pattern or texture. We took about 10 photos on the macro setting, then played them back for the girls to guess what the item was. They were so excited when they guessed what the item was.


After a little practice, they got the hang of it and the girls did one round for Jack. This has been great fun! Hopefully tomorrow they can play outside and I can try to get something done in my studio!



Are you a mom looking for kids' activities? Go here! Rocks in My Dryer

2 comments:

Kirstin said...

That's an awesome idea!

Unknown said...

Very clever!